Do you want to buy a Hoverbike?
The video below shows a working scale model of the final bike and Chris also plans on releasing a remote control version of this size.
There is still a long way to go before we can buy one, but you can put your order in or make a donation which gives you the chance of getting the prototype version.
When will I be able to buy a Hoverbike
- We would like to you buy a hoverbike now, but lets be honest – this takes time to get right. To help speed this up so you can own one, we need funding and man-hours. This bike was built over 2 1/2 years by one person in his car garage after work and studies, and building it is only 10% of the way there. Testing testing and testing needs to be done and we need collective help from you!
- If you would like to buy a prototype now, and do your own testing, please feel free to contact us to discuss.
How much will it cost
- We are not in the production phase yet, so we cannot give you a finalized price structure, but as a guide, when we can sell at least 100 units a year the cost with current material prices and labor will be $45,000AUD +/-$5000. As with all goods, economy of scale will bring the price down. At 1000 units a year the cost will be similar to a performance motorcycle! (on-going development cost due to testing may vary this a little)
- If you would like to buy a prototype now, and do your own testing – or just to help us quicken the development time with extra funding, please feel free to contact us to discuss.
At a glance
- Airspeed Vne – 150 KIAS (untested)
- Hover (out of ground effect) – >10,000ft(estimated)
- Dry weight – 110kg
- Max gross weight – 270kg
- Total thrust – 295kg
- Engine – 80kw @ 7500rpm
- Aerial Cattle mustering
- Search and Rescue
- Aerial Survey
- Wildlife and Parks
- Power-line Inspection
Check out the official site here.
Would you like your own hoverbike?